Health & Safety Update: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
At Bio Green Outdoor Services, our highest priority is the safety of our customers and our employees. We would like to provide you with detailed information on how we are currently working to protect you and our technicians against coronavirus transmission.
We are currently providing our regularly scheduled services, including all lawn care treatments, sprinkler turn-on’s and sprinkler maintenance and repair services, while emphasizing additional precautions above those that are already a part of our long-held commitment to safety. Here are the steps we are taking to prevent transmission, following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Virginia Department of Health.
The protocols listed below are followed by all field service technicians throughout their workday:
- New disposable gloves are worn when providing service at a customer location if technician is required to touch a component and used gloves are properly disposed of using a secure trash receptacle within their service vehicle at the conclusion of the service call.
- We have instructed our personnel to avoid contact with any customers and maintain proper social distancing if in-person contact is required.
- All surfaces are wiped with disinfectant cloths after contact, whether inside or outside the home. (This applies to fence handles, water valves and sprinkler controllers).
- We are sending invoices via email if an email address is on file.
We are also following CDC guidelines by implementing and adhering to safe practices, including:
- Washing hands frequently with soap and water
- Avoiding close contact with others
- Staying home if sick
- Covering coughs and sneezes
- Cleaning and disinfecting office and service vehicle frequently touched surfaces
The vast majority of our services are already performed with limited or zero direct, in-person contact we are confident our safety measures will reduce the risk of exposure and transmission.
Bio Green will monitor all updates from the CDC and the state of Virginia and make recommended changes as needed in our health and safety practices to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
We also advise you and your families to stay informed as much as possible. Learn more about the CDC’s guidelines on the best way to prevent illness by avoiding exposure; please click here to read the recommended steps to protect yourself and others.
Steve Schrader, CEO
Bio Green Outdoor Services